Friday, June 28, 2013

4th of July Drink Decor

Believe it or not,
I am not a big fan of fireworks.
They are loud,
Expensive,
And plain out annoying when your trying to sleep at night.
With this said,
The 4th of July night is not my favorite night.
BUT,
I love everything else about the 4th of July!
I love the cookouts,
The clothes,
The decorations,
And the freedom that we celebrate!
This year,
I want to make our 4th of July party adorable!
( Without fireworks. )
So I began by making the drinks adorable!

I started by gathering my supplies!

Supplies:
-Watercolors
-Water
-Paint Brush
-Scissors
-White CardStock (Regular paper works fine also.)
-Striped Straw (Doesn't have to be striped.)
-Hot Glue Gun (Regular glue works good too.)
I cut the paper twice the size I wanted my flag to be,
Because in the later steps I had to fold it in order to attach it to the flag.
I watercolored my flag!
Instead of painting the stars,
I painted around where the stars would be.
(There's no such thing as white water color paint!)
Once I finished painting,
I let the paint dry a little.
( This didn't take long at all!)

I secured my flag to the straw with glue.
It didn't take long to make this cutie!
It will be so fun for the party!
Y'all have fun crafting,
Daisy

Blog Parties:
Sunday
DIY Showoff
Under the Table and Dreaming
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Twigg Studios
Silver Pennies
Uncommon Designs
Monday
Between Naps on the Porch
Cozy Little House
Aldberry Hill
Tuesday
Homemade Ginger
Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style
The Pleated Poppy
The 36th Avenue
Thursday
The Shabby Creek Cottage
From My Front Porch To Yours
Common Ground
Friday
Craftberry Bush
Tatertots and Jello
Jennifer Rizzo
Liz Marie Blog
Saturday



2 comments:

  1. I share your feelings on fireworks. They are beautiful to watch, but so many times people don't consider their neighbors when shooting them off, right over people's houses and also scaring our pets. Your painted flag couldn't be more adorable! Wishing you and your family a happy Independence Day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya! I HATE the noise.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete